UPDATE 11-20-2013: The venues for the November 23 & 24 Star Wars: Episode VII open casting calls in London and Dublin are now available and posted below.
Disney contracted casting director teams in the United Kingdom are searching for two young actors to play lead roles in a science fiction Walt Disney Pictures motion picture known as Star Wars: Episode VII. The same talent search is also taking place across the United States. Click on the following for the U.S. National Disney Talent Search. Casting assistant Claire Curry has announced five meet-and-greet session with the casting directors in the locations on London, Bristol, Glasgow, Manchester, and Dublin.
Disney UK Talent Search Details
• You don’t have to prepare anything. This is just a meet and great at this stage.
• You should bring a headshot – doesn’t have to be professional. Any clear recent snapshot is ok.
• You only have to come on one day.
• There are two venues in one day as we have a team, so one in Glasgow, one in Manchester. The same with London and Dublin.
• You MUST be over 16 years of age for the female role.
• You MUST be over 18 years of age for the male role.
The following lead roles are being cast for Star Wars: Episode VII –
Seeking: Young woman to play 17-18 years old. Must be beautiful, smart, and athletic. Open to all ethnicities (including bi- and multi-racial).
[RACHEL] Was quite young when she lost her parents. With no other family, she was forced to make her way alone in a tough, dangerous environment. Now 17, she has become street smart and strong. She is able to take care of herself using humor and guts to get by. Always a survivor, never a victim, she remains hopeful that she can move away from this harsh existence to a better life. She is always thinking of what she can do to move ahead. MUST be over 16.
Seeking: Young man to play 19-23 years old. Must be handsome, smart, and athletic.
[THOMAS] Has grown up without a father’s influence. Without the model of being a man, he doesn’t have the strongest sense of himself. Despite this, he is smart, capable and shows courage when it is needed. He can appreciate the absurdities in life and understands you can’t take life too seriously. MUST be over 18.
London Meet And Greet With Disney Contracted Casting Directors
Twickenham Stadium (Entry Via Gate D, From North Car park off Rugby Road)
November 23 & 24, 2013
11:00am – 3:00pm
Gates open at 6:00am
Dublin Meet And Greet With Disney Contracted Casting Directors
Croke Park Stadium
Dublin 3, Ireland
November 23 & 24, 2013
11:00am – 3:00pm
Bring a recent clear headshot/picture – any size/color.
All talent including minors and foreign actors MUST be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
The London Actors Resource Guide eBook comes with free quarterly updates and includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in London and the United Kingdom:
• London Child Actor Information
• London Child Actor Chaperone Information
• London Bylaws on the Employment of Children
• London Child Stage Performance Application Form
• London Child Work Permit Application
• United Kingdom Foreign Actors Visa Information
• United Kingdom Entertainer Visitor Application Form
• United Kingdom Employment Application Form
In addition to the following London Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• London Casting Directors List
• London Extras Casting Directors List
• London Talent Agents List
• General Talent Agent Information
• London Actors Headshot Photographers
• United Kingdom Acting Schools
• London Performers Unions and Organizations
• Miscellaneous London Actors Resources
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Casting Director and Talent Agents Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• PDF Users Guides
The Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.